From: Davis, Julie [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 7:32 PM
To: Velz, Peter T. EOP/WHO
Subject: Travel pool report #7, 10/24/16 -- Kimmel highlights and excerpts, including POTUS reading "mean tweets"
Here, courtesy of ABC, is some information, highlights and excerpts of President Obama's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, in which POTUS reads "mean tweets" about himself.
* President Barack Obama - @BarackObama, @POTUS, @Whitehouse
* Joel McHale - @JoelMcHale
HIGHLIGHTS WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA:
* Jimmy: When was the last time you went through a metal detector? President Obama: "I don't go through metal detectors"
* President Obama is not taking off his shoes after he leaves office - secret service will stay with him when he leaves, and they have connections
* Jimmy asks POTUS: "Are you really happy the cubs are going to the world series?"
* POTUS tells the story of Bill Murray coming into the Oval Office wearing a cubs t-shirt.
* President Obama: "I don't tweet at 3am about people who insult me"
* Jimmy: "Do you ever actually laugh when you watch Donald Trump" Obama responded that he does, most of the time.
* Sneak Peek CLIP: see below
* Jimmy asks the President about if he watched the video of Donald Trump and Billy Bush.
* Jimmy and POTUS talk about the President and his family staying in DC after he's finished his term
* Sneak Peek CLIP: see below
* Personally for Obama- if he were able to run for a third term, Michelle would divorce him- so it's useful that he doesn't have that choice to make
* Jimmy asked if we could keep Michelle for anther 4 years
Jimmy on the Secret Service being here tonight....
"The Secret Service was very thorough this afternoon. I got my office swept and my prostate checked. And guess what? Obamacare covered the whole thing."
Jimmy on Hillary Clinton...
"According to the latest poll from ABC News - she is leading Donald Trump - by 12 points. She has a 20-point lead among women, a 3-point lead with men, and a 20-point lead among voters with college degrees - although she is still significantly behind when it comes to men who have large plastic testicles dangling from the bumpers of their trucks."
Being President is a tough job, it's one of the only jobs where you get a new approval rating every day, and now that we have this thing called social media the President gets hundreds of judgments every hour of every day. And tonight, for the second time, President Obama has agreed to read them - for our second-ever Presidential Edition - of "Mean Tweets." (clip below)
Joel McHale was booked on tonight's show but was bumped because Obama's secret service needed his dressing room! (Video available upon request)
SNEAK PEEK CLIPS:
Mean Tweets: https://www.hightail.com/e?phi_action=app/orchestrateDownload&sendId=xxx-xxx-xxxx&emailId=f1eee295aa861774b4ad3482ebed0aea&s=19105&cid=tx-02002208350200000000
2 OBAMA MEAN TWEETS 2_H264.mov
OBAMA on Staying in DC and Obama on Trump:
POTUS wrapped up the taping at 3:35 p.m. and your pool was led out. The motorcade rolled from the theater at 3:40 and arrived at POTUS' hotel at 4:14 p.m. We are holding.
Julie Hirschfeld Davis
White House Correspondent
The New York Times
(202) xxx-xxx-xxxx mobile
(202) xxx-xxx-xxxx direct